- This event has passed.
Kata Contest with Remote Option
September 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pre-registration Deadline: September 4, 2022
The Davis Ju-do Kai invites you to a kata contest in Sacramento, Ca. Contestants may enter either in person or via Zoom. Contestants competing via Zoom will be judged in the same division as in-person contestants. All contestants may use this event to satisfy the activity or the contest requirement for the purpose of black belt exams.
COVID-19 Precautions for in person participants: Masks are optional for in person contestants. These precautions are subject to change depending on local and state requirements at the time of the contest.
Time (In Person Or Zoom): Check in 9:00-9:30 am Competition starts at 9:45 am
If competing via Zoom, you must check in at the times above in order to make sure your video and audio are set up correctly and we have all your information. Zoom check-in information will be sent after we receive your pre-registration.
● Pre-registered: $15/person – must be received by Sep 4 – pre-registration is required for Zoom contestants.
● At the door: $20/person
Payment options: cash, check (payable to the Davis Ju-do Kai), Venmo @Jessica-Conover-8 and Paypal @davisjudokai
Zoom: Send Event Participation Waiver AND completed judging form via email or postal mail to the address below. Must be received by September 4, 2022
In Person: Bring 4 completed copies of the completed judging form with you on the day of the contest, or send with pre-registration
Additional Information for Zoom contestants:
– check in at the time indicated above, and be prepared to start competition on time – compete on an appropriate surface for the techniques being demonstrated
– compete in an area free of visual or auditory distractions
– have equipment available to clearly show techniques via video and audio
– use the most up-to-date version of Zoom
– demonstrate techniques while observing any local regulations regarding COVID-19
– dress in an appropriate gi for their rank