AJJF Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute
AJJF Approved Courses in Danzan Ryu Restorative Therapy
** 150-hour Bodywork Technician Training Programs **
** 300-hour Bodywork Practitioner Training Programs **
The American Judo and Jujitsu Federation offers a structured program for learning and maintaining the skills of Danzan Ryu Restorative Therapy. The basic Bodywork Technician 150 hour program is offered to AJJF members in several locations throughout the United States. The course typically consists of seven weekends of instruction, one weekend every four weeks. Anyone who wishes to participate in the program must be an AJJF member and must be recommended by an AJJF Black Belt. Mission and Objectives
- The Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute (DZRSI) was established to teach Danzan Ryu Restorative Therapy.
- Classes are open to all qualified persons, whether or not they are in martial arts, but the primary beneficiaries are students of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu pursuing a course of study that enhances their jujitsu studies.
- Professor Okazaki taught jujitsu and bodywork to his students, promoting the idea that the fighting spirit should be balanced by the healing spirit. From this tradition, many students of jujitsu have gone on to open jujitsu schools and/or bodywork businesses.
- DZRSI continues a long tradition of passing Professor Okazaki’s legacy on to our students.
- Non-jujitsu students are welcome to participate in the courses. No martial arts background is required to achieve the full benefit of our courses.
- American Judo & Jujitsu Federation, Inc. (AJJF)
- The AJJF is a non-profit corporation and a federation of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu schools, founded in 1958 in the United States.
- Professor Henry Okazaki, the founder of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, also taught Seifukujitsu, a system of restorative bodywork, healing and first aid techniques.
- The AJJF offers the Healing Arts Program as representative of Professor Okazaki’s teachings.
- AJJF Healing Arts Program – Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute (DZRSI)
- Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute is division a of the AJJF. It is the organizational body responsible for the instruction and administration of the National Healing Arts Program.
- Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute Healing Arts Program Standards Committee
- The AJJF/DZRSI Healing Arts Program Standards Committee oversees all DZRSI authorized bodywork programs.
- The members of the Committee are responsible for ensuring that all instructors are qualified and that all goals and standards are being followed and implemented.
- At least one member of the standards committee, who is not the school head, will participate in final exams.
Cynthia Frueh, Chair of the Committee
Prof. Robert Hudson
- Danzan Ryu Seifukujitsu Institute Records Administrator
- The administrator is responsible for records, finances and other administrative matters of all DZRSI authorized bodywork programs.
- The administrator operates under the direction of the Standards Committee and reports financial records to the AJJF Manager of Finances.
- Current Administrator: Ed Shatzen
- DZRSI Certificate
- Upon satisfactory completion of the course, examination results and attendance records will be forwarded to the DZRSI Healing Arts Program Records Administrator.
- The graduate will receive a DZRSI certificate.
- This DZRSI certificate will be valid for a period of three years.
- After three years, the graduate must present documentation to the Records Administrator with evidence of twenty four hours of continuing education (C.E.) in bodywork.
- C.E. hours will be approved for classes taught by a qualified instructor. Examples of subjects are: Bodywork, Acupressure, T’ai Chi, Chi Gong, etc.
- Documentation should include the instructor’s training and a certificate of participation, or equivalent.
- The Massage Certificate Renewal/Continuing Education Form can be found here
- Cost is $10
- If at all possible, enclose a photocopy of expired certifcate
- Send to Ed Shatzen, DZRSI Administrator, 79 Maynard Ave, Newbury Park, CA 91320-4259
- If a graduate’s certificate has expired, s/he should submit the documented 24 C.E. hours to receive an updated certificate. The certificate will then be valid for the next 3 three years.
Graduate Seminars In addition to the extended courses the AJJF Healing Arts Program offers graduate seminars. These classes are generally restricted to AJJF bodywork course graduates. See the AJJF Events page for upcoming seminars.
For Information Contact AJJF Healing Arts Program Administrator Ed Shatzen 79 Maynard Ave. Newbury Park, CA 91320 (805) 376-1725 email@example.com