AJJF Convention FAQ
1. Where can I register online?
Online registration will open in the Fall 2018.
1. What’s the name of the hotel where Convention is being held?
It’s the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL. The address is 70 Yorktown
Shopping Center, Lombard, IL 60145.
2. Where is Lombard, Illinois?
Lombard is a western suburb from downtown Chicago about 22 miles away (35 minutes).
3. How do I reserve a hotel room?
Details coming soon.
1. What airport do I fly into Chicago?
2 options: O’Hare Airport or Midway Airport. O’Hare is 17 miles (30 minutes) and Midway
Airport is 24 miles away (35 minutes).
2. What train do I ride from out of state into Chicago?
Amtrak train arrives at Union Station.
3. What commuter train do I ride from the airports into Chicago?
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) “L” is the rapid transit system. From O’Hare, take the Blue Line.
From Midway, take the Orange Line then walk to Ogilvie Station.
4. What commuter train do I ride from Chicago to the hotel?
Go to Ogilvie Station. Then take the Metra, Union Pacific West (UP-W) line to Lombard
Station train stop. The Lombard Station is 4 miles from the hotel.
5. Are free shuttles available from the airports to the hotel?
6. Does the hotel provide service a free shuttle to nearby areas?
Yes. Shuttle service can be arranged within a five mile radius.
7. How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
Lyft, and Uber are all good options for getting from the airport to the hotel. Regular taxis are
also available. The hotel is the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL.
8. Do I need a car once I get to the Convention hotel?
Likely you won’t. There is a large mall across the street, as well as major stores and restaurants
within walking distance. If you do decide to get a car, parking is complimentary.
9. Is there a charge for parking if I’m driving to Convention every day?
No. Free parking is available with an attached indoor parking garage. Plenty of outdoor
1. What is the weather going to be in March in Chicago?
Expect the average temperatures between 28 degrees to 45 degrees F. The best advice is to be
prepared for just about anything.
2. What should I pack for March in Chicago?
While milder than January and February, the temperatures can be cold. Packing layers of winter
clothing is definitely a must. A scarf, hat, gloves, warm winter coat is recommended.
Bring a light layer of clothing in case of warmer weather.