AJJF Convention FAQ
- Where can I register online?
Online registration is at: https://www.ajjf.org/convention-registration/
- I’d prefer to mail in my registration. How do I do that?
Go to: https://www.ajjf.org/download/29934/
Download the form and mail your check or money order to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Is the t shirt and tank top included in registration?
Yes! All attendees have their choice of a 100% cotton t shirt or tank top as part of the full Convention package. You can choose to upgrade to a sweat-wicking t shirt or a pullover sweatshirt for an extra charge. You can also purchase extras of any apparel items on the registration page.
- I’d like to buy a tank top for my child. Can I order one?
No. Unfortunately, tank tops are only available in adult sizes. Youth sizes are available for the cotton t-shirts, sweat wicking t-shirts, and sweatshirts.
- The banquet seems really expensive. Is it worth it?
The price of the banquet is about what the hotel charges us! You’ll enjoy the company of your ‘ohana, free entertainment, announcements of rank promotions and awards, good food, and more! And you’ll show your support for the AJJF!
- I can’t seem to get my registration to go through. What’s wrong?
The most common problem is that the format of your AJJF registration expiration date is incorrect. It must be in a mm/dd/yyyy format. Two digits each for the month and day, and 4 digits for the year. Let us know if you still can’t get it to work!
- What’s the name of the hotel where Convention is being held?
It’s the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Sacramento, CA. The address is 2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA 95815.
- I’d like to reserve my hotel room by phone. How do I do that?
Call 800-686-3775 and mention code AJJ to get a room at our special rate of $115/night.
- I’d rather reserve my room online. Where do I do that?
Go to: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/R/RLSA-DT-AJJ-20180404/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POGYou’ll have your choice of 2 queens or 1 king bed at the special Convention rate of $115/night.
- I’m flying into Sacramento. How do I get to the hotel?
SuperShuttle, Lyft, and Uber are all good options for getting from the airport to the hotel. Regular taxis are also available. The hotel is the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Sacramento. When last checked, SuperShuttle cost $17 for a shared ride from the airport to the hotel. Uber is estimated at $20-$26. Share your ride with your friends!
- Do I need a car once I get to the Convention hotel?
Likely you won’t. There is a large mall across the street, as well as major stores and restaurants within walking distance. If you do decide to get a car, parking is complimentary.
- I’ll be driving to Convention every day. Is there a charge for parking?
Nope! Parking is complimentary.
- When is the schedule coming out?
We’re working on it now! Keep checking the website, Facebook, and your email. We’ll post an announcement as soon as it’s ready. We’re also working on having a class descriptions available so you’ll know what each class is about.
- Will there be entertainment?
Yes! We’ll have special, free performances of Japanese dance at the opening, and Hawaiian hula at the banquet.
- How long will the banquet last?
We’re working on ways to trim it down so you’ll have more of your evening to socialize with your ‘ohana! We’re planning on having a banquet schedule available to all attendees so you know what’s happening throughout the evening.
- Is there anything else special going on at this Convention?
For the first time, there will be a special class only for nidans and sandans on Friday afternoon. We’ll also have some swag available for all attendees. The grappling competition will also be on Friday, and the National Freestyle Contest will be on Saturday. And don’t miss all the great classes for all ranks!